Skip to the main content

City West Water

Commercial food business trade waste application

Submit your trade waste application for commercial food businesses online.

To set up a trade waste agreement, complete the following online application form.

Please note this form is for commercial food businesses only.

Once we have received your completed application we will assess and typically process your request within 10 business days. Please note that charges apply to all applications lodged with us, for pricing information see our Pricing handbook.

If you need more information about trade waste visit our What is trade waste? page.

Trade waste application - terms & conditions

By accepting the following terms and conditions you are confirming that you have the authority to both make the statements set out in the form and to give the following undertakings set out below to City West Water on behalf of the occupier.

If City West Water accepts the occupier’s offer contained in this application, the occupier will:

comply with all the requirements of any trade waste agreement or consent as issued by City West Water and any notice provided by City West Water

  • ensure that all plumbing or drainage work on the site and all connected fittings or appliances comply with all requirements of Australian Standards, the relevant plumbing codes and any trade waste requirements imposed by City West Water. All plumbing works must be carried out by a licensed plumber
  • authorise contractors, employees and agents to provide City West Water with maintenance receipts associated with any trade waste treatment apparatus on the site
  • pay trade waste application and agreement fees from the start of the consent, as billed by City West Water.
  • Prior to connection of a wastewater treatment apparatus to a City West Water sewer, a Commercial/Industrial/Multi unit/Dual occupancy Application must be lodged, and the appropriate fee paid.

It is against the law for you to discharge trade waste until you have an executed Trade Waste Agreement or Consent.

For information about trade waste services and the respective rights and responsibilities of City West Water and its trade waste customers, please refer to our Trade Waste Customer Service Charter available at

Important privacy notice

City West Water ABN 70 066 902 467 is a company owned by the Victorian State Government, which provides retail water, sewerage and trade waste services to Melbourne’s central business district, inner and western suburbs.

By completing this form you are providing personal information to City West Water for the primary purpose of providing you with a trade waste agreement or consent, which is required by law to allow you to discharge trade waste to City West Water’s sewerage system. The personal information contained in this form may be shared between, and used by, City West Water and its contracted service providers for

the above primary purposes, and purposes related to providing and marketing City West Water’s water supply, sewerage and trade waste services. Additionally, City West Water may share your personal information with service providers and other external organisations in limited circumstances.

If you do not provide the information requested by this form, we may not be able to issue you with a Trade Waste Agreement or Consent. You may request access to your personal information which City West Water holds about you by writing to the Privacy Officer at Locked Bag 350, Sunshine, 3020.

Discharge Site Address
Please provide the full company name or individual business owner's name (if not a company)
Day to day trade waste management details

Please provide the details of the person responsible for the day to day trade waste management at the site from which waste will be discharged.

Please note trade is done on weekends only.
Please tell us what you think.
If you require a response, please Contact us.